- Directly provides customers with food and drink services by providing a pleasant dining and social experience in the dining rooms, lounges, food truck and bar areas by working with and supporting the serving staff, greeters, food runners and other front of house staff.
- Guest service is number one priority for all employees. This includes greeting guests, taking orders from guests, running food, bussing tables, resetting tables regularly throughout the shift and control the pace and flow of the dining areas and lounges.
- Responsible for facilitating a pre-shift meeting with all staff working the shift that will review the day’s events, specials and concerns from Management. Answer any questions the staff may have or get clarification from the Restaurant Manager or Chef(s).
- Checks restaurant for damage or problems and report to Restaurant Manager immediately. Prepare dining rooms and dining areas. Turn on lights, music, POS terminals, cappuccino machine, etc… Speak with the Executive Chef to find out the days specials. Make suggestions to the Restaurant Manager, who prepares the shift floor plan, and bring other staff concerns to his attention.
- Manage reservations and guest requests, seating/table accomodations. Improve seating and guest flow.
- Complete necessary prep work prior to service and complete necessary side work after service
- Follow New York State Liquor Authority and beverage service related laws
- Follow Suffolk County Department of Health Food and Beverage service laws and regulationsp
- Must have a full working knowledge of all of the systems, policies, procedures and protocols for the business.
- Must also have full working knowledge of a Service Bartender, Front Server, Back Server, Food Runner, Busser and Greeter positions.
- A captain must be friendly, outgoing and gregarious – and a gracious host – and visit tables and build a rapport with our guests. A friendly familiar face can accomplish that in part with always improving service and quality food/drinks.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
Status: Non-exempt, Hourly
Tip Eligible: Yes
Tip Type: Indirect. Shares in tip-sharing pool