Mister O1 Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Cashier
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Floor Manager & General Manager or Operating Partner
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all guests by taking orders, making recommendations when appropriate, processing payments, and serving food or beverages to customers at the counter or table. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final order preparation including preparing beverages and arranging food items.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Mister O1 Extraordinary Pizza.
· Answers phones or take to-go orders, and by greeting, taking orders, and thanking guests.
· Take food or beverages orders from guests.
· Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers.
· Prepare bills for food and accept payment or make change.
· Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
· Answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
· Inform guests of menu changes and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
· Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
· Box and bag menu item such as pizza, salads, antipasti, desserts, and beverages.
· Polish silverware & glassware, roll silverware, set up cashier stations for the next shift.
· Assists with cleaning tables and/or busser station.
· Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
· Balance receipts and payments in cash registers.
· Scrub and polish counters, box warmer, and other equipment, and clean glasses.
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Take and prepare to-go orders.
· Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages.
· Order items needed to replenish supplies.
· Serve salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails, ladle soups and sauces, portion desserts, and fill beverage cups and glasses.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
· Cash registers
· Special purpose telephones
· Pocket calculator
· Credit card processing machines
· Point-of-sale receipt printers
· Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
· Touch screen monitors
· Point-of-sale software
HOSPITALITY & GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
All employees are expected to provide guest service that is extraordinary and exceeds the expectations
of our guests. Employees are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go beyond
simply smiling, greeting, and being nice to guests. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes,
respect, and flexibility. Employees are expected to have a positive “can-do” attitude; to treat others
with respect, and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to successfully provide day to day results. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and a minimum of 6 months of customer service experience. Basic computer skills are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to walk and/or stand 90% of the time. The employee is required to sit
up to 10% of the time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, and have the ability to use both hands,
feel, taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25
pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.