The Spot on Main, an established coffee house, bakery, & cafe is seeking a part-time (15-25 hours/week) Barista/Sales Associate to join our team.
- Provide outstanding customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries
- Making beautiful and delicious espresso drinks to order
- Ensure that customers receive exemplary service and quality products
- Assist with locating products and placing orders
- Recommend products based on customers needs and desires
- Maintain clean, safe and sanitary espresso, display, dining, and retailareas
- Stock and fill display cases and beverages
- Keep production areas and equipment cleaned and prepared for use
- Learning about brewing methods, beverages, food preparation, andpresentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Updating signage and displays to attract customers.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Customer service experience in the food industry required, barista experience preferred, but will train the right person
- Preferably passionate and knowledgeable about coffee
- Committed to excellence, dedicated to exceptional quality andcleanliness
- Keen attention for detail
- Warm, friendly personality and positive attitude
- Good communication skills (read, write, and speak English)
- Trustworthy with company property
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Availability to work early mornings or afternoons weekdays and most Saturdays
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-pacedenvironment.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Move at a brisk pace
Job Type: Part-time
Salary (with tip pool) $12.00 - $16.00 /hour
Availability: 7am - 5pm Monday through Friday. 8am - 3pm Saturdays. Must be able to open and/or close.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs
This is a unique opporunity in a small, family-run business. Future full-time work may be possible for the right candidate.