Mister O1 Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Salad Maker
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Floor Manager & General Manager or Operating Partner
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Makes cold appetizers, including salads, antipasti, and other cold food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot & cold menu item plates.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Mister O1 Extraordinary Pizza.
· Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
· Responsible for the quality of products served.
· Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, and other kitchen equipment.
· Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
· Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
· Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
· Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
· Season and cook food according to recipes.
· Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
· Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers.
· Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
· Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
· Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
· Carve and trim meats such as prosciutto, salami, and ham for hot or cold service.
· Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
· Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
· Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Estimate expected food consumption, requisition, or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
· Commercial use:
o ovens (pizza ovens)
· Cutting machinery
· Domestic knives
· Food safety labeling systems
· Personal computers
· Point of sale terminal
· Slicing machinery
HOSPITALITY & GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
All employees are expected to provide guest service that is extraordinary and exceeds the expectations
of our guests. Employees are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go beyond
simply smiling, greeting, and being nice to guests. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes,
respect, and flexibility. Employees are expected to have a positive “can-do” attitude; to treat others
with respect, and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to successfully provide day to day results. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to walk and/or stand 90% of the time. The employee is required to sit
up to 10% of the time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, and have the ability to use both hands,
feel, taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25
pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.