Experienced Grill Cook
Milliken’s Seafood4462 Main St, Shallotte, NC 28470, USA
Cook (Line) Full-time $18.00 /hr Posted Feb 24, 2023
We are searching for an experienced and highly skilled grill cook to join our team!
This will include braising and grilling meat, vegetables, and other types of food as needed. To be successful in this role, you will need to be capable of working in a team and have exceptional grilling abilities.
We also ask our grill cooks to assist the kitchen staff with the ingredient preparation process. This can involve slicing, cutting, and tenderizing meat, vegetables, and other ingredients. You will also be asked to inform waitstaff when orders are ready and assist us in maintaining our inventory.
- Braise and grill meat and vegetables with a high degree of skill
- Assist in maintaining inventory by tracking, labeling, and replacing key ingredients
- Prepare meat and vegetables by slicing, cutting, shredding, and tenderizing them as needed
- Communicate with the head chef and wait staff to ensure the timely delivery of all meals
- Follow all relevant food health and safety guidelines
- Maintain a workstation that is both clean and sanitary
- Communicate with the restaurant manager about any kitchen supplies and upgrades that are needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous restaurant experience, preferably as a cook
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced kitchen
- Strong communication skills
- Availability to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of and willingness to embrace important food health and safety guidelines
- Willingness to continue learning and improving your craft