Reporting to the Manager the Host(ess) is responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- The main duties are the greeting of the guest and payment of the bill. These tasks must at all times follow the Cora Steps of service.
- line management (registration of guests to wait list)
- Follow the standards and the Cora steps of greeting
- Verify the seating section and seat customers
- Verify the set-up of the cash (rolls of change, bills, rolls of paper, pens, Cora stamp and inkpad, etc.)
- Inquiries about the soup and the dessert of the day
- Inquiries about the ongoing promotion
- Verify the reservations for the day and prepare the tables
- Pass on all the comments or suggestions from the guests to the Service Manager or to the Operator
- Know the menu thoroughly (specials and promotion)
- Advise the guest on the available choices
- Always verify the cleanliness of the restaurant
- Be attentive and available to the needs of the guests
- Responsible for complete satisfaction of the guests, from the moment they arrive to their departure
- Observe and react to all situations involving the dissatisfaction of a guest
- Receive money and process payment
- At the request of the Operator or the Manager, close the cash at the end of the day
- At the request of the servers, refill coffees and glasses of water
- Bussing tables and resetting tables
- Responsible for the « take-out » orders.
This is a full-time/part-time position. Candidates MUST be able to work on all holidays and weekends. (typical start time approx: 8am-10am, end time approx: 2pm-4:30pm)
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Minimum one year experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant.
- Basic POS and computer knowledge required.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work efficiently, multitask and stay organized.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Proactive and reliable to fellow team members.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work during weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Other duties as required
- Hosting: 1 year (Preferred)