Rocco’s Plum Tomato serves great Italian meals in the lower West end of Toronto. We’re looking for friendly staff members to be part of the new culture that we’re creating. We’re looking for people who work well in a team, are willing to learn and grow, take initiative to improve things, are responsible, organized, professional, and have 2+ years of experience working as line cooks.
As part of our team, you help us make each customer feel like a special guest we have welcomed into our home. We’re looking for staff who have great communication skills, can work in a team, ask for help when you need it, multi-task, and can work on the weekends.
- Memorizing recipes, policies, procedures, and standard portion sizes
- Preparing ingredients and components of each recipe on the restaurant’s menu
- Maintaining freshness of product and rotating old product out
- Working with a team of cooks to handle varying levels of activity
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe workspace at all times to avoid contamination
- Being aware of and following all kitchen health and safety regulations and guidelines
- Participate in appropriate training to support the restaurants business
- 2+ years of experience as a line cook is mandatory
- 2+ years experience in a customer facing role is required
- Experience cooking Italian and Mediterranean dishes is required
- Ability to easily commute to the Etobicoke area
- Ability to work a minimum of 37- 44 hours per week
- Available to work on weekends
- Proven experience working in environment that calls for kitchen health and safety guidelines is required
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in fast paced environments
- Professional, fun, and positive demeanor
Competitive and negotiable
How to apply
Please submit your resume if this job aligns with your career goals and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time