Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Line Cook is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Prepares meals in accordance with the portion and quality standards in recipes or as directed by the Kitchen Supervisor/Manager
- Ensure stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food on the line; set up station before service
- Do prep as required during routine shift and also on a daily basis
- Advise Supervisor/Manager of low inventory items: reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to Supervisor/Manager
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen and storage areas that meet or exceed the provincial and local Health Board inspection
- Completes Audits (eg: Food temperatures, Storage Temperatures)
- Public Health Food Safety Certification (Preferred)
- Ensure strict adherence to customer service, quality standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure operation is compliance with all policies, procedures and rules and regulations.
- Assist the Supervisor/Manager as requested with all aspects of restaurant operations.
- Handled and provide suggestions to handle operational issues.
- Side duties as required e.g. sweep and mop, dusting, washrooms
- Dishwashing, Cleaning and Sanitization, Inventory as requested
- Other duties as required.
This is a full-time position. Candidates MUST be able to work on all holidays and weekends. (typical start time approx: 7am-9am, typical end time approx: 2pm-4:30pm)
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Preferred One year kitchen experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant.
- Previous Line cook experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant.
- Ability to work efficiently, multitask and stay organized.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Proactive and reliable to fellow team members.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work during weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Line Cook : 1 year (Preferred)
- Kitchen Helper : 2 years (Preferred)
- Dishwashing : 2 years (Preferred)