It's been a long time coming... Gramps is thrilled to now be hiring for our next restaurant concept.
The Butcher is responsible for overseeing and curating the meat and grill program of the soon to open a Modern German restaurant in North Miami.
The Butcher to establish and upkeep of the restaurant’s unique sausage program, specialty proteins and retail operations.
The Butcher to implement and internalizing standards to share and teach these standards throughout the kitchen and while ensuring they are maintained in the specific areas of food quality, timelines of food, cleanliness and maintenance, profitability, and supervision of staff.
The Butcher to fire up and maintain our imported custom Schwenker for our grill program!
- Receive deliveries of meat and inspect them to ensure that they adhere to the highest quality standards.
- Prepare meat into forms by boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming.
- Educate customers on different selections and types of protein on offer.
- Lead, direct, and manage. Maintain regular presence.
- Participate in periodic department inventories.
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of food.
- Execute consistent, high quality food presentation.
- Provide direction for menu and recipe development.
- Supports standards for purchasing, receiving, and storage of food, supplies, and equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with all Food and Beverage departments.
- Ensure the proper handling, maintenance, storage, and security of all department equipment.
- Conduct training for other operating departments on food knowledge and menu composition, as needed.
- Manage relationships with vendors.
- Analyze and identify financial opportunities and revenue generation.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain staff.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees.
- Ensure all employment related processes and documentation follow brand standards and local laws.
- Ensure all staff have food safety and sanitation certifications as required by law.
- Resolve guest complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain presence on property during peak business periods.
- Promote the organization in and out of industry and at relevant trade associations.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Coordinate ongoing industry research to detect market trends and related information.
- Operate ethically to protect the brand. Ensure brand and business initiatives are implemented.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
This job description reflects the position's essential functions; it does not encompass all the tasks that may be assigned.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to regularly move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to operate potentially hazardous equipment.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills
- Must meet legal requirements for any required licensing.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.