- Responsible for serving our customers beer, spirits, wine, n/a beverages and food.
- Greets all guests immediately as they come into the taproom, seat them.
- Serves guests at bar as well as at tables in the taproom.
- Runs food to tables, for your own tables and coworkers tables.
- Busses tables to maintain a clean presentation in our taproom and allow for quick table turning for new guests.
- Maintains a clean and sanitized taproom at all times.
- Follows all heath department requirements at all times.
- Completes all opening procedures and closing procedures for the appropriate shift, ensuring a clean, tidy and prepared taproom and bar area.
- Pours drinks in appropriate glassware, to proper lines to ensure proper inventory management
- Cleans all glassware properly and does not allow to stack up.
- Completes all side work and daily tasks as outlined for each shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Managers and Owners.
- Be a positive team member, promoting the fun family environment of being a part of the Big Trout Team
Education & Experience
- TIPS or Colorado equivalent Certification required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in actual food and beverage operations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Must love all things beer! We are a brewery first and foremost and our leadership team should share in the passion of the beer industry.
- Knowledge of beverage equipment required
- Proven customer service skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions This position will be required to work weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment in a hot kitchen environment for up to 8 hours per shift on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, and speaking a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests and employees.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over a shift of over 8 hours.
- While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb, balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip footwear and gloves.
Other Duties as Assigned This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of our small, mom-and-pop operation, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, the position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. to be a positive influence on the transformation of the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in the position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.