STARTING PAY FROM $38,000 - $45,000 per year. Other benefits include PAID-TIME-OFF (PTO) and HEALTHCARE INSURANCE for full-time employees!
Reds Alehouse, North Liberty’s home to craft beer, a dynamic and fresh menu, and an award-winning patio is adding to its family of Reddies! We seek dedicated, passionate, and hard-working individuals who yearn to learn to join our back-of-house service staff — we want YOU! If you have a passion for cooking and working in an environment where you can be a part of a family, you’ll love your career with Reds Alehouse!
More specifically, Reds Alehouse is currently looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second-in-command in our kitchen. Reds Alehouse is the premier place to dine and relax in the corridor. Our desire to provide an exceptional experience to every guest from the time they are greeted to the end of their visit is unparalleled. Every member of our team is crucial to our cumulative success and we strive to continue to develop each individual’s talents with regular educational seminars and experiences, achievable goals with excellent rewards, and a family-like atmosphere.
From the best Craft Beer and mouth-watering menu to our cozy and welcoming atmosphere, Reds Alehouse has been THE “Neighborhood Spot” for over 10 years. We will continue to raise the bar, and we are excited to welcome those to our team who share our vision.
- Assist the Executive Chef in ensuring standards are met in production, execution, sanitation, and safety
- Assist the Executive Chef in creating the menu
- Scheduling BOH shifts
- Order, inventory, and maintain all product
- Assist in training, managing, and motivating a team of around 20+ employees.
- Work with FOH to ensure successful daily service and special events
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests, and act as a walking example of our company’s Core Values
- Attend and contribute to weekly Leadership meetings
- We Care
- Set the Tone
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Live for the Rush
- Ability to lift 20-25 lbs consistently and frequently
- Ability to lift up 50-60 lbs occasionally
- Ability to work on your feet for 10 or more hours a day
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of current culinary techniques and sanitation standards
- Strong ability to lead and communicate with team members
Benefits of working for Reds Alehouse:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time employees (30+ hours)
- Health Care through Wellmark Blue Cross, Blue Shield with options for Vision and Dental
- Competetive Salary and Performance based bonus program
- Many education opportunities
- Supportive and engaged ownership team
- Unlimited growth potential
- Craft Concepts employee membership with discounts at all craft concepts restaurants including Big Grove Brewery & Taproom, Big Grove Brewpub, St. Burch Tavern, Pullman Bar & Diner, 30hop, Mosley's Barbecue and Provisions, Blackstone, and more.
- Employee discount at Reds Alehouse
- Frequent exposure to the best food and craft beer in the area
- Christmas and Thanksgiving off
At Reds Alehouse, you will be given opportunities to participate in food and beer pairing dinners, community events, specialty releases, engage with local farmers and suppliers, interact with national beer brands, and so much more!
Working at Reds isn't just another kitchen job—the success of our restaurant has been earned every day through high-quality menu items, passionate guest service, and a commitment to high levels of achievement.
Pay: Starting Salary $38,000 - $45,000 per year
Job Types: Full-time
Apply through online or in person at 405 N Dubuque St., North Liberty IA 52317