Summary: Assist in the daily operations of the establishment and manage the team of hourly employees in different departments. In accordance with the goals of the company, they are responsible for, but not limited to: bar operations, financial performance, management/staff development, customer service, quality standards, general communication with employees, customers, vendors, and upper management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the management team in staffing of the bar to assure the bar is operating to the standard set forth by the company. *
- Supervise and direct staff (hourly team members) to assure guests are treated promptly and courteously; products are prepared in both quality and consistency. Adhere to all standards for food safety and sanitation to insure restaurant to be maintained in clean and attractive manner *
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and training of hourly team members. Evaluate the performance, recommend and submit wages of team members, initiate disciplinary actions and/or termination of hourly employees. *
- Utilize all company training tools to provide hourly team members with training in all aspects of the restaurant operations. *
- Assist the management team in maintaining restaurant equipment and facilities. *
- Perform regular administrative tasks including: new hire paperwork, scheduling, report all guest and employee accidents. Investigate, resolve and respond to guest complaints. *
- Attend regularly scheduled company meetings. *
- Assist management with planning and implementing parties, themes, promotions, and product launches. *
- Maintain the attitude of the room, be a cheerleader to the employees, be the person they can talk to and trust. *
Will supervise up to 30 team members on a shift.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/ or ability,
Education and/or Skills and Experience:
- Associate degree in Business Administration or Hospitality preferred. High School Degree or Equivalent required. *
- Capable of adapting to business needs and solving problems quickly and efficiently. *
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment. *
- Demonstrate stamina, focus, compliance, and self-driven abilities while managing your shift. *
- External candidates should have a minimum of 4 years working in a bar or restaurant environment. *
- Ability to comfortably speak, write, and comprehend English in a building environment. *
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills *
- Must have good customer service skills. *
- Must be able to perceive and react to needs of others *
- Must be organized, flexible and able to deal with various personalities. *
- Basic computer skills *
- Excel preferred *
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Temperature controlled restaurant.
The noise level in the work environment is high to loud depending on the crowd.
Equipment Used: Computer, calculator, copier, phone.
Pay: Salary based on experience
- Holidays *
- Weekends *
- Monday-Friday *
- Server: 4 year preferred*
- Restaurant Management: 3 years preferred *
- High Volume Bar: 2 year preferred *
- Bonuses *
- Company Discounts *
- One Location *
- Health Benefits Offered *
- No *