The Kitchen Manager oversees the operations of preparation and execution, which include supervising the kitchen staff to ensure duties are performed appropriately, and ensure the kitchen areas meet health and safety requirements as mandated by law. The Kitchen Manager is also responsible for ensuring the quality and flavor of the food is consistent every single time. Experience with vendor management and food cost is a must.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through the consistent and quick preparation of menu items. Knows all menu items and their ingredients. Makes sure all food is properly prepared to the recipes and standards set.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Adheres to health code. Makes sure the kitchen staff is in proper uniform, works with gloves and appears clean when working within the restaurant. Keeps all kitchen areas clean, sanitized and organized. Uses proper storage techniques when storing dry goods and refrigerated goods including proper labeling and rotation of all ingredients to prevent food waste.Tests freshness and quality of products on a daily basis. Reports food quality or facility issues immediately to Manager on Duty.
- Possess good leadership skills. Directs, coordinates and delegates responsibilities to prep staff to ensure goals and objectives of the kitchen are met on a daily basis.
- Must have ability to perform data entry tasks set forth.
- Work with systems in place for inventory and waste log control. Maintain daily logs, with respect to Food Safety Checklist.
- Is punctual and maintains a good attendance record. Maintains equipment and utensils.
- Is professional on all levels while clocked in or on company premises. Leaves issues not related to work outside of work. Comes to work with a positive attitude and outlook on the day.
- Communicates to management when there is an issue, whether it is personal or work related.
- Maintains the utmost integrity and honesty. Promotes a healthy relationship between BOH and FOH staff.
- Responsible for weekly inventory reports, to be provided to Acting Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Responsible for bread orders during any closing shift worked.
- Responsible for adjusting par levels in tandem with upper kitchen management to reach the best possible COGs and most efficient prep levels possible at any given time.
- Responsible for checking and controlling, and delegating if necessary; cooling, heating and other temperature/ food safety logs.
- To work with Executive Chef and Sous Chef to create an exciting menu, focused on seasonality and quality product through the Cuban and Carribean lense.
- Skilled in using food service equipment including knives, pots, pans and ovens.
- Ability to communicate with management, staff, vendors and customers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as training cards/manuals, order forms, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports like daily temperature logs and receiving logs. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve them calmly and efficiently. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and hot environment.
- ServSafe Food Manager Certification Preferred. Is thorough and organized.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional computer/POS Register usage.
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around kitchen area.
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors.
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances.