Highland Park: GM – Pocha is looking for great people to join our team. We are looking for high energy, experienced full-service, self-motivated General Manager to join our management team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, entrepreneurial individual who has proven leadership and team building skills.
- We offer a great benefits package.
- Opportunity for Internal Growth.
- Competitive Salary
- Equity opportunity for the right individual.
General Manager candidates should have a minimum of 5 years management experience in a high volume, full service restaurant. Experience, Positive Upbeat Attitude, Willingness to Learn and Hospitality in Your Bones is a must.
Please include a resume and a cover letter in which you tell us about yourself.
- Please visit us at www.Pocha.com and/or checkout our location in Highland Park.
- Overall restaurant operations.
- Recipe knowledge
- Service standards
- Sanitation practices
- Staffing and training functions
- The ability to speak, understand, read and write in English.
- Mobility and manual dexterity appropriate to staff the General Manager position.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- The ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- The ability to bend, stoop, stand and perform extensive walking for 8-10 hours a day.
- The ability to withstand exposure to high volume of business and the movement, noise and temperature extremes associated with a busy restaurant.
- Ability to perform essential job functions under pressure, maintain professionalism when working under stress.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business
- Develop and meet financial targets and goals
- Ensure proper staffing and training of front of house employees and managers
- Oversee and ensure that staff is maintaining all areas of job responsibility
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are upheld
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Maintain friendly, helpful and positive attitude at all times.
- Adherence to company, state, and county sanitation standards.
- Attendance to company meetings and training seminars as required.
- Responsible for training and developing new employees to Calexico’s standards of service.
- Adherence to company uniform and grooming policies.
- Proficiency in all FOH and BOH computer functions and ensure back up procedure performed on a weekly basis.
- Perform and document voids and comps properly.
- Follow proper procedures during computer crash for operation and recovering data.
- Responsible for participating in sales building initiatives; plan and implement methods for increasing sales through local marketing efforts.