Mister O1 Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Server
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Floor Manager & General Manager or Operating Partner
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Mister O1 Extraordinary Pizza.
· Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
· Collect payments from guests.
· Write guests’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
· Take food or beverages orders from guests.
· Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
· Serve food or beverages to guests as required.
· Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
· Inform guests of menu changes and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
· Clean tables after guests have finished dining.
· Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine.
· Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
· Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
· Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
· Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
· Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
· Assist cashier by answering phones or take to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
· Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
· Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pour the wines for guests.
· Escort guests to their tables.
· Fill salt, pepper, sugar, condiment, and napkin containers.
· Describe and recommend wines to guests.
· Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
· Cash registers
· Credit card processing machines
· Point-of-sale receipt printers
· Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
· Touch screen monitors
· Point-of-sale software
HOSPITALITY & GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
All employees are expected to provide guest service that is extraordinary and exceeds the expectations
of our guests. Employees are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go beyond
simply smiling, greeting, and being nice to guests. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes,
respect, and flexibility. Employees are expected to have a positive “can-do” attitude; to treat others
with respect, and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to successfully provide day to day results. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and a minimum of 1 year of serving experience. College degree preferred
and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills are required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to walk and/or stand 90% of the time. The employee is required to sit
up to 10% of the time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, and have the ability to use both hands,
feel, taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25
pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.