Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Dishwasher is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Wash the dirty dishes, the pots and pans as they are brought.
- He brings the dirty dishes from the dining area to the kitchen and returns the service areas in the front with the clean dishes.
- As requested by the Kitchen Manager, help to prepare certain basic preparations.
- He is responsible for the cleaning of the dishwasher and his work area.
- He can also clean a different section of the kitchen every day.
- He must pass the mop every day and empty the garbage cans at the end of every day.
- He can also be called upon to oversee the inventory of cleaning products.
- He must soak the utensils, remove the trolleys and the bins from the dining area and return them empty and clean to the dining area
- He must ensure that the kitchen is always clean (wall, floor, shelves, refrigerators, freezers, micro-wave oven, storage and garbage cans).
- With good judgment the dishwasher must only run the dishwasher once it is full to keep the cost of chemical products down.
- He must change the cleaning water when necessary, to obtain clean dishes.
- The dishwasher must especially check to make sure that the kitchen and the service staff have sufficient plates, cups, glasses, utensils and pans necessary.
- The dishwasher cleans the exterior of the restaurant : the parking lot, the guest entrance, the shipping / receiving of merchandise area and the garbage storage area. He cleans and restocks the washrooms.
- Other duties as required.
This is a full-time position. Candidates must be able to work on all holidays and weekends. (typical start time 8am-10am, end time: 4pm-4:30pm)
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Preferred One year kitchen experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant.
- Previous dishwashing experience in a high volume, full-service restaurant.
- Ability to work efficiently, multitask and stay organized.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Proactive and reliable to fellow team members.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work during weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Kitchen Helper : 2 years (Preferred)
- Dishwashing : 2 years (Preferred)