It's been a long time coming... Gramps is thrilled to now be hiring for our next restaurant concept.
Do you have the interpersonal skills, friendly demeanor and confidence to usher guests and answer queries?
As host you are the first point of contact for our guests and lynchpin to a successful service. You will direct guests and monitor reservations whilst managing the seating arrangements and walk-ins for the dining room and biergarten.
Your role further evolves into managing and coordinating incoming event queries whilst curating in-house regular events that promote the venue and its food and beverage program.
- Plans and organizes reservations on restaurant seating chart.
- Greets guests as they enter the restaurant.
- Seats guests in an open section or at a reserved table.
- Provides guests with menus and ensures they are seated comfortably.
- Maintains restaurant’s seating chart throughout the shift.
- Adds guests’ names to waitlists as necessary.
- Takes drink orders for guests as they wait or directs them to the bar area as necessary.
- Notifies guests when a table is ready.
- Keeps the hostess station neat and organized.
- Assists in rearranging tables for large parties.
- Reports any problems or issues to restaurant manager.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Assists in setting up and cleaning up the restaurant during opening and closing shifts, respectively.
- Keeps in contact with servers and management to make sure the seating chart is properly balanced.
- Thanks, guests, for dining at the restaurant when they leave.
- Co-ordinate with food and beverage departments to curate inbound events
- Creativity to create ‘outside of the box’ approach to promotional events
- Create a strong customer base and recognize repeat customers
- Proven working experience in a bar and restaurant environment
- Ability to manage staff and create an enjoyable working environment! Have fun!
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Currently enrolled in hospitality or marketing studies is a bonus
- Able to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Social media savvy
- Comfortable with reservation systems
- Relevant training certificate