Chama Mama149 W 14th St, New York, NY 10011, USA
About Chama Mama
Chama Mama is bringing classic Georgian cuisine to New York with a modern spin, inspired by the natural bounty and boundless creativity of Georgian culinary tradition.
Centered around our custom-built clay ovens, flavorful, fresh-baked breads and extensive wine list featuring natural and organic Georgian wines, Chama Mama is committed to creating a unique, cultural dining experience where guests will immerse themselves in Georgian gastronomy and learn more about what this beautiful and rich-in-history country has to offer.
Servers are responsible for providing warm hospitality and knowledgeable service to all guests. Servers serve consistently excellent beverages and food to guests, following all standard operating procedures and steps of service. They will work to provide impeccable hospitality to each of our guests, working specifically with each individual’s needs to curate the best experience possible.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Greet customers immediately with a smile and present beverage menus.
- Make recommendations and answer all menu inquiries.
- Check identification of all customers who appear under 30 to verify they are of legal drinking age prior to serving them.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with standard recipes.
- Process transactions using the POS system; Prepare checks for guests and process payments.
- Maintain proper loss prevention standards including cash handling procedures, tip handling, cash deposits, cash sales.
- Maintain organization and aesthetic appeal of dining areas, bar counter and displays.
- Complete closing side work checklist for shift daily, including cleaning the bar and dining areas.
- Maintain sanitation to Department of Health standards; keep work areas clean and organized.
- Monitor inventory and restock bar inventory as needed; inform Management of any product or supply needs.
- Update knowledge and skills continually by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in order management and timing.
- Familiar with industry best practices.
- Flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to perform and thrive in fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- TIPS Certification preferred
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a server of similar caliber concept
- Employee Discounts on awesome food & wine
- Industry leading PTO offerings
- An opportunity to grow, learn about Georgian cuisine & wine and further your career with the team!
Chama Mama is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one's employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.