JOEY Woodland Hills is Hiring!
JOEY Restaurants is looking for the best and brightest individuals to join a remarkable team of culinary leaders and restaurateurs to continue the JOEY Restaurant legacy in California.
While these recent months have brought many unknowns to the hospitality industry, during this period, the JOEY Restaurant Group has continued to provide iconic hospitality to our guests through delivery, take-out business, and indoor and patio dining. With our city re-opening comes the opportunity to invite new talent to join our team.
If you are ready to run with a powerful team, we want to meet you!
We offer industry-leading compensation varying with position, skillset, and relevant experience. • Line Cooks earn $17.50 to $22.00/hour.
Our Team is Interviewing for Line Cooks As a Line Cook at JOEY You will acquire and refine the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence needed to become a world-class cook and culinary leader.
Get cooking in the first chapter of Chefdom, where each step depends on the last. Learn knife technique and kitchen discipline to move up the line: appetizer and salad, sauté and wok, grill, oven, call, and finish.
Experience welcome but not necessary.
• Exude professionalism and genuine warmth and care towards guests and fellow partners.
• Prep all ingredients and food products to fulfill prep lists, par levels, and recipe standards.
• Utilize various prep and cooking methods to ensure the quick, precise creation of our menu items in accordance with JOEY recipes. Wash, chop, cut, grill, roast, sauté, fry, etc. Coordinate with other stations.
• Maintain prep and cooking areas in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
• Clean, organize, and maintain refrigerators, cooler drawers, ovens, prep and dry storage areas, etc.
• Complete assigned side work and closing duties to set your team up for success. Stock, clean, and organize line stations.
• Comply with all required food handling and workplace safety procedures.
• Follow all instructions and guidelines for safe usage of kitchen equipment and cleaning compounds. Report equipment problems and maintenance issues to leadership immediately.
Other Back of House Opportunities: • Dishwashers • Sous Chefs • Chefs • Chef In-Training Take Your Culinary Career to the Next Level at JOEY Restaurants: Culinary leaders at JOEY don’t just run a kitchen– they cook shoulder to shoulder with some of the most dedicated, driven, and creative people in the industry. How do we know? Because we helped them get there.
Requirements Education and experience 1+ years hospitality experience in a kitchen.You are a leader and mentor. Others look up to you.Experience working in a fast-paced environment.Proven track record of creating world-class experiences.
• You are genuine, warm and caring.
• A strong passion to succeed and the willingness to learn and be coached by others.
• A natural problem solver with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
• Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Humility coupled with a good sense of humor. Certifications
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid Food Handler permit. Benefits
• Career development, education, and growth opportunities through the JOEY apprentice program
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for eligible partners
• Discounted partner shift meals
• 10% discount for self and guests on all food/drink when visiting any JOEY location
• Referral bonus program
• Sales competitions and rewards
• JOEY Restaurants is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer