It's been a long time coming... Gramps is thrilled to now be hiring for our next restaurant concept.
We have an opening for a highly efficient kitchen porter to perform all washing, cleaning and basic meal preparation duties required in our kitchen. The kitchen porter's responsibilities include cutting and portioning proteins and vegetables, informing the supervisor when food supplies are low, and appropriately storing washed dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment. You should also be able to accurately measure ingredients as per the chef’s instructions.
To be successful as the kitchen porter, you should display excellent communication skills and be able to follow instructions. Ultimately, an exceptional kitchen porter should adhere to food health and safety regulations while carrying out all kitchen duties.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all meal preparation areas.
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas during shifts and at the end of shifts.
- Washing dirty dishes, cutting boards, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- Ensuring that food mixers, cookers, and other cooking equipment are in good working order.
- Receiving and unpacking all deliveries.
- Emptying, re-lining, and washing garbage cans as required.
- Ensuring that refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas are clean and well-organized.
- Assisting the Chef with basic food preparation, which includes washing, peeling, and cutting meal ingredients as per the Chef's instructions.
- Proven working experience in a kitchen environment
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep working areas organized, stocked and clean
- Currently enrolled in hospitality studies is a bonus
- Able to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Relevant training certificate / food handler's license
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for extended periods