MEZZE#1 is looking to hire a new cook who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred but not required, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
$14 per hour
Weekly payroll payment (every tuesday)
- Wowing our guests with amazing dishes.
- Handle kitchen opening and closing requirements
- Rotate kitchen stations mastering food preparation and presentation for all menu items
- Insure all stations are set up and ready for service based on restaurant demand.
- Prepare ingredients and recipes according to recipe book specifications.
- Adhere to food safety and hygiene requirements.
- Anticipate guest needs to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Receive deliveries and ensure that the product is well maintained and up to standard.
- Ensuring that the kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
Skills and requirement:
- Obtaining food handler safety certificate.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Willingness to Learn and genuine Passion.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment and to be ready for multitasking.
- Strong work ethic, time management and Teamwork.