Job Title: FOH Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
As the FOH Manager you will supervise, train, and represent the FOH team. You will be responsible for the upholding the service standards in the restaurant, and providing unique and amazing connections with our guests. Directly reports to the General Manager. If General Manager is unavailable, the FOH manager will report to the Director of Operations. This position has opportunities for growth and promotion.
- Responsible for creating daily sidework and weekly projects. Complete daily/weekly sidework as needed.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the restaurant, managing the cleaning checklists and enforcing this practice with the FOH team
- FOH Manager will be required to manage the floor at designated times and have allotted time for admin work
- Responsible for annual appraisals of all FOH staff and give feedback to the taproom manager and Director of Operations
- Responsible for managing and enforcing the comp, void and discount policy.
- Responsible for managing and enforcing the Shift Beer Policy.
- Responsible for being aware of allergy and dietary restrictions of guests
- Be well versed in food and beverage pairings.
- Be knowledgeable about the menu and all products listed and/or unlisted.
- Be a contributing member to the team whether it be helping a server, host, bartender, runner/busser or guest.
- Stock and manage the inventory of sales merchandise
- Efficiently use the POS system to communicate to the Kitchen
- Reporting all sales for accurate payment collection
- Keep all POS functions up to date concerning menu items, pricing, etc
- Supervise the FOH teams to maintain the balance and composure on the taproom
- Clean the merchandise area, bathrooms, and FOH floor as necessary
- Help to interview, hire and train the FOH teams
- Be a representative of the FOH team for weekly meetings
- Pass off on daily side work to maintain cleanliness and operational policies
Directly supervises all FOH employees. Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position requires a high school diploma (or GED or high school equivalent certificate).
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Dependability -- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Social Orientation -- Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Initiative -- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Leadership -- Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others -- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Training and Teaching Others -- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
Certification and Licensing
- Must have or be able to acquire a Certified Beer Server Certification from Cicerone.org.
- Must have an updated Liquor Commission Blue Card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Be able to lift approx. 50lbs.
Email a copy of your resumé to email@example.com.