Mister O1 Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Operating Partner
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Assists the Operating Partner in managing the operations and staff of Mister O1 restaurants, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Participates in the achievement of store objectives. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices. Participates in creating and maintaining a “People Excellence" environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Key Measurement Criteria: In order to achieve consistency throughout our system as we measure and evaluate performance, the measurement criteria following each accountability should be considered and evaluated. The actual results as well as the methods used to obtain the results should be assessed and commented on within the evaluation. It is also appropriate in your narrative to discuss the leadership, management and development of subordinates in the attainment of the accountabilities. The Key Measurement Criteria should not be viewed as the only factors to evaluate, as there are normally additional items that relate to a specific individual or market.
· Trains, monitors, and reinforces food safety procedures to Shift Supervisors and Crew Members. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; takes corrective actions, as appropriate.
o Current Food Safety certification
o Follows all food safety procedures as outlined in the ops manual.
o Training and execution of MISTER O1 Food safety procedures and compliance with all Health Department regulations. Critical items escalated immediately.
o Washing of hands observed, enforced and role model “ALL THE TIME”
o Proper total store cleaning systems.
o Hand washing & Food Safety certifications completed
o Health Department evaluation results follow up and resolve
o Execution of established food borne illness reporting procedures
· Works with restaurant management team to meet KPI goals versus budget and prior year, including execution in local store marketing programs. Executes appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance salesmanship.
o Sales performance versus budget & prior year
o Sales performance of key initiatives including:
§ Transaction growth %
§ Service times
§ Identification and communication of store sales trends to GM or Operating Partner
§ Execution of national and local marketing programs
§ Execution of new product rollouts
§ Participation in community programs to enhance goodwill for Mister O1
· Manages food, labor and and other controllable expenses. Works with restaurant management team to meet profit objectives.
o Profit performance vs. budget and prior year
o Management of food, labor, paper and other controllable costs
o Execution of labor hours vs. forecasted hours
o Monitoring and follow-up of food preparation, production and procedures execution
o Identification and communication of profit trends to GM or Operating Partner.
· Executes Company policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product and equipment. Monitors inventory levels to ensure product availability and orders product. Manages and maintains safe working conditions. Ensures execution of preventive maintenance.
o Execution of policies and procedures for control of cash, property, product and equipment
o Execution of flow charts to ensure crew is meeting food prep and production goals
o Training and monitoring of crew in cash and inventory controls
o Number of slips, falls, cuts, etc.; safety of work environment during shifts
o Coordinates compliance with Safety Audit; ensures resolution of non-compliance issues
o Prompt and accurate reporting of accidents; initiation of corrective actions as appropriate to prevent recurrence
o Execution of Preventive Maintenance Program
o Reporting and monitoring of maintenance problems
o Compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
· Manages, directs, and monitors Shift Supervisors and Crew Members to achieve QSC goals and to support total store “Service Excellence” on assigned shifts. Ensures “Customer OSAT” policies/procedures are properly executed.
o Crew and Shift Supervisor training and execution of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards on assigned work shifts
o Execution of guest relation activities, including interaction with guests
o Frequency, nature and timely resolution of customer complaints
o Motivates FOH employees to encourage customers to give MISTER O1 great reviews
· Executes the restaurant’s Human Resources programs for crew employees. Manages crew employees in a manner that maximizes retention. Works with GM or Operating Partner to achieve proper staffing levels. Creates and executes recruiting plan. Interviews and recommends candidates for selection.
o Actual staffing levels versus goal
o Contribution toward achievement of crew turnover goals
o Maintain application-handling system.
o Conduct interviews using approved interviewing tools, recommend qualified candidates for further consideration
o Support of diversity
o Management and resolution of performance issues with crew; notification of performance issues to Operating Partner
o Environment in which employees are treated with respect and dignity
o Utilization of approved uniform program
· Provides proper training for Shift Supervisors and Crew Members through established systems and follows through to ensure compliance with Company standards.
o Execution of positional training and cross-training to achieve operating standard
o Feedback, intervention and coaching to Shift Supervisors and Crew Members, initiation of corrective action as appropriate
o Training and utilization of established store standards and systems
o Training of Shift Supervisors and Crew Members regarding operational changes and new products and certifications
o Identification and development of candidates for Shift Supervisor positions, as applicable
o Audit and review of systems, checklists and work habits to ensure Shift Supervisors and Crew Members are demonstrating desired behaviors
· Ensures proper execution of and compliance with Company policies and procedures on assigned shifts. Anticipates and identifies problems and initiates appropriate corrective action.
o Execution of Company systems and operating procedures
o Assists Operating Partner with creation and execution of store plan and store priorities
o Proper escalation of issues
HOSPITALITY & GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
All employees are expected to provide guest service that is extraordinary and exceeds the expectations
of our guests. Employees are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go beyond
simply smiling, greeting, and being nice to guests. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes,
respect, and flexibility. Employees are expected to have a positive “can-do” attitude; to treat others
with respect, and easily adjust to changes in the workplace.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree and 6 months experience in the restaurant industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, the Assistant Manager must perform managerial duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position. The Assistant Manager must be able to stand for long periods without a break, being able to lift weight up to 50lb and be able to travel to the bank, other restaurants, Area Office, etc.