House of Cocotte2028 E 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90021, États-Unis
The Sous Chef de Cuisine works alongside the Executive Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring, ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
The Sous Chef de Cuisine is also directly responsible for the maintenance in the kitchen, as well as working with other managers to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant.
We are looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Well organized, flexible and enjoys the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines.
- Work with the Executive Chef and management to produce diversified menus in accordance with restaurant vision.
- Understand and maintain labor cost.
- Managing inventory and kitchen needs.
- Produce exceptional quality, consistent dishes that follow the established menu and meet restaurant standards, as well as customers requirements.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, conscious way to all members.
- Ability to understand what people are asking, and provide insight in a positive matter.
- Help to positively problem solve and offer solutions and support when and where necessary.
- Must be able to train subordinates and kitchen staff. Have teaching strategies that convey information clearly in a accessible manner
- Conducts daily line checks
- Ensures that clear feedback is provided to the entire kitchen team and food service staff and management
- Ensures that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state and federal Health Department regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment as well as training staff on proper sanitation guidelines (HACCP guidelines).
- Assesses the need for and report necessary kitchen repairs
- Monitors and maintains the use of safe food handling procedures as well as a safe working environment by using and ensuring staff use correct food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Ensures proper staffing levels by assisting in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of talented kitchen staff members in accordance with hiring policies
- Manages assigned staff, including scheduling, training, performance feedback, discipline, and terminations
- Maintains current kitchen schedules, staffing templates, and staff employee files, under the Executive Chef guidelines.
- Assures and/or conducts ongoing training and professional development of kitchen staff
- Comply with all of HoC employment related policies and procedures; including accurate records of hours worked, breaks, communication of shift changes, tardiness or absence; and behavior consistent with the company’s desire to maintain a workplace free of incidents of co-worker harassment, discrimination, drug or alcohol abuse.
- Other duties as assigned.
2+ (leadership) experience in a high volume culinary position.
- Ability to taste and evaluate food.
- A culinary degree is preferred or equivalent experience.
- A good knowledge of French cuisine.
- A solid understanding and experience of a la carte, banquet and fine dining operations.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Understanding of financial concepts.
- Passion for hospitality and food.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noises. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Creative menu development skills.
- Certified in food safety.