DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in ovens, grills, fryers and other kitchen equipment.
- Know and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Prep, stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station including tables, shelves, grills, flat-tops, fryers, sauté burners, convection oven and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepare items for grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Follow sanitation guidelines set forth by Health Department and management.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Open & close the kitchen properly while following the opening/closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist other team members in opening/closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Chef or manager-on-duty.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Current Food Handlers permit on file.
COMPENSATION: $16-$20/hr depending on experience.