This position requires early hours and weekend availability and is based out of our strawberry hill cafe. Must have weekend availability.
- Develop recipes and bring to life creative and delicious food items daily.
- Low to Mid volume baking, cooking and prep with a high attention to detail, maintaining an ongoing awareness of ingredients.
- Portion, package and pack out our culinary creations with incredible care and attention to detail, ensuring that orders are ready by pack-out deadlines.
- Support your teammates in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by communicating effectively, collaborating and pitching in wherever is needed
- Ensure your station and equipment are in tip-top shape, always cleaning as you go
- Ensure sanitation practices are upheld to protect our culinary creations and guests
- Always utilize FIFO (First In, First Out) and proper storage of food products
- Work in a close physical space with your teammates
- Arrive on time and ready for your shift, and always work efficiently
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional kitchen
- A thorough understanding of how to safely, responsibly use and clean equipment
- Food Handler's Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire
- A deep love for food, exceptional customer experiences, and great coffee
- The ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Basic math and writing skills
- Enthusiastic about your work and the world of delicious culinary creations
- Obsessed with the details and following directions in order to execute consistently
- Reliable and consistent; your manager and teammates can always depend on you to be punctual and dedicated
- Delightful to work with and have a sense of humor and infectious ‘can-do’ attitude, you’re serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm-The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine accuracy of numbers and package
- The ability to smell and taste