Fishbowl at The Banks is hiring a personable, charasmatic individual with a passion for serving their customers! We're seeking Bar Security to serve in a high-volume establishment. Fishbowl at The Banks started as a casual, tropical themed bar at The Banks in downtown Cincinnati. Since opening in 2019, we have expanded double the size and have become a premier entertainment and party spot. Most notably, we serve our featured drinks in various sizes of fishbowls while catering a full bar of liquor, seltzers and beer. We are also known for our specialty items like syringe shots, spiked hot chocolate and slushies! We are constantly improving with new products to provide our guests the best experience possible. Any bar can make a standard drink.. but how can we leave an everlasting impression on our customers?
We ask that you embrace our mission by working hard and creating that unique experience for our customers!
Check us out! 🐠
Fishbowl at The Banks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What We Offer YOU
- Flexible Scheduling
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Discounts
- Fun, upbeat & energetic work environment
- Additional opportunities in other roles
- Must be able to lift a combined weight of fifty pounds.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to a bar scene that is constantly changing.
- Excellent verbal communication abilities.
- Experience with customer service-related jobs.
- Refined crowd management and problem-solving abilities.
- Posessing great observational and conflict management skills. This includes deescalating situations as they start.
- Formal civilian-related security training is favored.
- Serve as a host and floor walker as the first and last point of contact for all customers entering the bar.
- Greet all customers as they enter and properly communicate with them as they leave.
- Reviewing mental fitness and outward appearances to gauge prospective patrons' eligibility to enter or remain inside the bar.
- Controlling the door. Utilize an ID scanner to ensure all patrons entering the bar are above age and preventing banned patrons.
- Wearing communicative devices to constantly stay in communication with management and other bar staff.
- Responding to incidents that arise inside the bar and de-escalate them.
- Assisting bartenders and bar staff where appropriate.
- Monitoring the crowd to notice potentially unruly customers.
- Ensuring that all patrons are following our rules and are not overly intoxicated.
- Answering questions that patrons might ask.
- Steering patrons to accessible amenities.
- Describing our bar and providing them with our menu.
- Informing patrons of the rules in a polite manner.
- Complete the daily checklists which include items such as cleaning and carrying out trash.
- Adhering to all rules and guidelines of our Security Handbook.