We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and maintain cleanliness around our restaurant.
If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we’d like to meet you. Note that this role requires working in shifts and, occasionally, during evenings or weekends.
Ensure that the kitchen stays clean and organized. Set up dish stations and turn on dish cleaning machines. Spend time loading and unloading dishes from dish machines, washing all pans or utensils that come into contact with food, and scraping identifiers off everything. Once dishes are cleaned, put them on the drying rack and put away dry dishes into cabinets and on shelves.
Responsible for removing used kitchenware from cooking and prep areas and unloading the dishwashing machine. Wash specific items by hand and put them in a clean area that is ready to use again.
Take out kitchen trash, sweep and mop kitchen areas and ensure drains are emptied and cleaned nightly.
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Dishwasher or on Wait Staff
- Hands-on experience with industrial washing machines
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evenings
- Collect used kitchenware from dining and kitchen areas
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours
- Maintain cleaning supplies stock (e.g. detergents) and place orders when necessary
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Remove garbage regularly
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Studio City, CA 91604: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person