It's been a long time coming... Gramps is thrilled to now be hiring for our next restaurant concept.
Can you tend bar and bar tend? We are looking for professional, high-energy bartenders with excellent communication skills to serve our ‘in-house’ beverage program to our guest’s. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, pair food and drinks, prepare and serve beverages. You will also create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and ensure ongoing up-keep of the bar and drinking areas.
To succeed on our bartender team you should have a neat appearance and an engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages as per beverage program
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies, including storeroom organization
- Adhere to opening and closing procedures as set by management
- Perform regular inventory counts and make recommendations for discrepancies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Have a strong and passionate understanding of our food program
- Assist guest in pairing beverages with food menu items
- Requisition and receiving of orders
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Proven working experience in a bar environment
- Ability to manage and encourage bar assistants and server assistants
- Ability to train staff and create an enjoyable working environment! Have fun!
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Currently enrolled in hospitality studies is a bonus
- Able to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Strong product knowledge – International Beers, Spirits and Wine Varieties
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Relevant training certificate