As a member of the Half Moon culinary team, the dishwasher is the backbone to ensuring proper flow in the kitchen. They're a vital cog to the success of the operation on every level. A qualified applicant must have excellent communication skills and the willingness to work with others as a team, able to lift 25-50 pounds, and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours in length. This position also requires you to use motion that entails bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, stretching and continuous bilateral use of fingers and wrists.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty