Republic of Tacos
Available exclusively at Ossington Canteen, Republic of Tacos will be one of the feature brands at Ossington Canteen. What started as a humble family tradition for the owner as a child in Dallas, developed into obsession during time spent in Austin and the surrounding area, seeing out tacos and smoked meats. Texas style breakfast tacos are nearly exclusively served on flour tortillas, which we make in-house with no preservatives on equipment we shipped in from San Antonio. The dish is meant to be easy to, affordable, delicious, and not overly complicated. A breakfast taco is never called a burrito - breakfast tacos are smaller and more portable, and why not make it two?
Ossington Canteen is a new, independent neighbourhood food spot, bringing hot grab‘n’go foods, a café & bar and pre-packaged items to the community. We offer an array of foods created by local chefs under one roof, such as Texas-style breakfast tacos by Republic of Tacos, British fare by Pies by Squires, indulgent sweets by Gertie’s and more! Take it to-go or to enjoy in the Canteen. Our bar will serve a selection of beers, wines and cocktails, as well as premium coffee and espresso beverages.
217 Ossington Avenue, Toronto ON M6J 2Z8
Part time OR full time opportunities available, 18-24hrs/wk OR 35+hr/wk. Morning to early evening shifts. Schedule is flexible and can be discussed with manager.
- Prepare and portion all items efficiently and with attention to detail
- Monitor appropriate food temperatures
- Prepare and stock all line product items and garnishes, maintaining assigned par level
- Evaluate quality of food products
- Greet customers at pick-up counter and hand-off their food order
- Operate dishwasher as directed. Ensure chemicals and water temperature are as expected
- Maintain kitchen area to high food safety and cleanliness standards
- Perform necessary trash and waste duties as required
- Follow proper inventory and receiving procedures
- Comply and action all health, food safety and hygiene standards and policies
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of restaurant kitchen experience is an asset
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Record of double vaccination
- Food Handler certificate required
- Team player – assist in a positive guest experience however necessary
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We are committed to employment equity and diversity, and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations can be made for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any accommodation for the interviews/meetings.