As a member of the Half Moon Sports Grills culinary team, your role as a Line Cook is extremely important to our success. You will be trained extensively on how to perform your job. Your speed and efficiency are imperative to the smooth operation of the kitchen and the satisfaction of our guests. You need speed to successfully complete your tasks. Your efficiency and consistency will help assure 100% guest satisfaction. You will be provided with high quality products and the necessary tools and equipment to complete your daily duties. A qualified applicant must have excellent communication skills and the willingness to work with others as a team, able to lift 25-50 pounds, and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 8 hours in length. This position also requires you to use motion that entails bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, stretching and continuous bilateral use of fingers and wrists.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty