The Spot on Main is looking to hire a new part-time (20-30 hours/week) Baking Assistant who will be responsible for helping to prepare pastries, pies, cookies, and cakes for guests in our cafe as well as for special orders. Duties will include prepping recipes by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, baking, packaging, cleaning and organizing, taking phone calls for orders. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need a thorough experience with baking preparation. Some higher education and/or culinary education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
Hourly Rate of Pay Based on:
- Availability (looking to fill 2-3 days a week; late night or early morning shift is a bit flexible)
- Kitchen/Baking Experience
- Previous Training and Certificates
- Prepare baked goods for our customers from existing recipes.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Check ingredients for freshness.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Prior experience in related position.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Able to work independently.