Kitchen Hub, Canada’s first virtual food hall, is revolutionizing the takeout and delivery industry. Kitchen Hub provides restaurants with technology, services and kitchen facilities optimized for takeout and delivery, enabling them to expand with low costs while doing what they love — cooking great food! With two locations in the GTA and a third flagship location opening in early 2022, customers can order from the city’s best restaurants, each individually (including Gusto 101, Chatime, Pai Northern Thai Kitchen) or from a combined menu — all in one delivery or pick-up. We are growing quickly and looking for people excited to join a leading-edge company at the intersection of the restaurant, real estate, and technology industries.
FRONT OF HOUSE/HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATE
Kitchen Hub is a shared facility which provides restaurants dedicated turn-key kitchen space optimized for takeout and delivery. Located in Toronto, Kitchen Hub is the first of its kind in Canada and offers a variety of cuisines for off-premise consumption. Customers can order from each individual restaurant or a combined menu made up of some of the city’s most popular restaurants.
As part of the team, you will provide great service to guests and restaurant members. You will always be learning and have the opportunity to grow your career with us. We continuously want to improve how we do things and you'll be a part of that through influencing your own training and pathway, developing leadership to help train others, and even open new locations nearby. The atmosphere at Kitchen Hub will be dynamic and present different challenges making everyday a new adventure.
Primary Tasks (70% of the role):
- Build and support a fun, lively atmosphere.
- Welcome customers and delivery drivers into our store with outstanding hospitality.
- Work with restaurant partners to efficiently run food from their space to reception.
- Ensure complete orders are expedited to the correct driver or customer.
- Resolve order issues efficiently and make every interaction positive.
- Assist customers with placing orders on kiosks and provide information about how Kitchen Hub works.
Other tasks (30% of the Role):
- Perform kitchen cleaning and maintenance tasks including waste removal, sweeping and mopping, cleaning and sanitizing prep surfaces, hoods and restrooms.
- Full participation in the facility Health & Safety program.
- Anticipate restaurant partner needs, evaluating the environment and responding to cues as necessary.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens plus loading, storage, garbage disposal and utility work areas.
- Assist with receiving deliveries on behalf of our Restaurant Partners.
- Complete daily and weekly checklists.
- Maintain a proactive approach to the health, safety and security of all staff at all times.
- Watch for any hazards, alerting a manager as necessary.
What we want to see in you:
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Integrity and Honesty.
- Professionalism and calm demeanor even in the most hectic moments.
- Organized and clean.
- Take initiative by getting things done even if they’re not in the job description.
- Team player and takes an active role in leading and training new team members.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Maintain a reliable and consistent attendance.
- Be on time.
- Available to work flexible hours (may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays).
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Strong communication in English.
Only candidates that meet the following requirements will be considered:
- Must not have any current corrective action in their file or be on written or final warnings.
- Must be able to commute to the location and be able to work, sometimes alone, until 11PM.
- Employment status (FT/PT) and availability must match the requirements for the role.
- F/T 4-5 shifts/week 30-40 hrs and flexible availabiity, AM and PM.
- P/T 3-4 shifts/week 20-30 hrs and flexible availabiity, AM and PM.
Application Deadline: Friday August 5, 2022