Half Moon Sports Grill288 E Greenway Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85022, USA
Host Part-time $14.00 - $15.00 /hr Posted Dec 20, 2022
The host is an integral part of every restaurant and serves as the guest's first and last impression. Hosts should possess great communication skills, and outgoing personality and ability to multi-task. Great hosts remember guests and their seating and service preferences. The host is a great introductory position at Half Moon and often leads to a food runner, server or bartender position.
- In the evening, bid your guests good night.
- Whenever possible, open the front door for guests as they enter and leave.
- There should always be someone at the front door. If you must leave for a minute, have someone cover for you.
- Consistently check the ladies and mens rooms (approximately every 15 minutes), looking for trash, clean mirrors, clean counter tops and toilet paper stock.
- Keep Host stand clean.
- Your appearance and attitude is important. Customers watch the operation you perform, so do not look disorganized or mad. If you are having a problem, ask the Manager to help you.
- Always address the customer first. If you are completing a seating “transaction,” let the customer know you will be right with him/her.
- If you are going over your estimated times, immediately inform the Managers so that the wait staff can be alerted.
- Ability to stand for long period of time
- Ability to lift 25 or more pounds