Position Overview: A Vegan Cuban Cuisine Kitchen Manager is responsible for leading in the overall management of the Kitchen's daily operations. As Kitchen Manager, your first and most important priority is to provide a positive experience for all of our customers and team. You will manage daily kitchen operations, where the main priority is delivering a quality product to our customers
A day in the life of a Kitchen Manager
- Fully proficient in all aspects of the kitchen.
- Responsible for all food quality and tasting consistency. Taking close attention to the recipe execution and proper team usage of instructions.
- In charge of creating New recipes together with Cooks for special occasions or holidays.
- Manage Maily the Back of the House operations and only oversees the F.O.H.
- Ensure perfect execution and believes in getting it right 100% of the time, relentlessly focusing on quality.
- Responsible for all product ordering and keeping Products in Stock at all times.
- Tracking product pricing increases and looking for alternatives that meet our restaurant standards.
- Able to read, interpret and positively impact a Profit & Loss statement.
- Operate the business in accordance with strict Vegan Cuban Cuisine standards.
- Train and respond for all Kitchen Area Positions. Includes Cooks, Prep-Cooks, Dessert Maker, Baker, and Kitchen Helper.
- Competitive Pay
- Fun & Energized Environment
- Free Shift Meals
- Paid Time Off (applicable after 1 year in company)
- Closed or Early Closures on Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day)
- Career Growth Opportunities (Only 2 years in business and growing very rapidly)
What it takes
- Neat Appearance
- Technology Inclined and able to navigate through Kitchen Software.
- Outgoing, Friendly Personality, Team Player & “Can Do” Attitude
- Organized & Punctual
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and writing skills
- Be available On-Call.
- ServeSafe Certification (recommended)
- 2+ Years of experience in food ordering and inventory management
- 2+ Years using scheduling software and hiring/ disciplinary actions.
- Experience using Xtrachef Software (Recommended)
- Prior leadership experience in restaurants preferred
- Passion for developing people.
- Must be 18 yrs. or older
- Stand up/be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift over 25lbs
- Use motion that entails pushing, pulling, stretching, and continuous bilateral use of fingers and wrist
Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
At Vegan Cuban Cuisine we are committed to not only bringing our community the best Vegan Food but also taking good care of our environment on the process. We are a family own business and have created a friendly and cozy work environment where we help, respect, and collaborate with each other. Most of our recipes are geared towards attracting "Meat Eaters" to a healthier alternative lifestyle with foods that are familiar to them. It is our mission to show the world how veganism isn't a restricted lifestyle, just a healthier and more sustainable alternative.