- Responsible for maintaining quality food presentation and table cleanliness/readiness for guests.
- Ensures smooth operations between front and back of house services.
- Inspects all plates to tickets before presenting food to the table, bar, or to-go customers.
- Clears tables of dishes, glassware and other items and wipes down tables and chairs to allow new guests to be seated in a timely manner.
- Pre-busses tables when guests are finished with their plates.
- Assists bar with glassware washing
- Assists kitchen with dishes
Education and Experience Requirements
- Prior experience in food and beverage operations desired.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Must love all things beer! We are a brewery first and foremost and our team should share in the passion,
- Must have a can-do attitude and the willingness to help other departments on the team when time allows.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
This position may be required to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment in a hot kitchen environment for up to 8 hours per shift on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, and speaking a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests and employees.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over a shift of over 8 hours.
- While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb, balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip footwear and gloves.
Other Duties as Assigned
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of our small, mom-and-pop operation, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, the position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. to be a positive influence on the transformation of the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Big Trout Brewing Company, Inc. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in the position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.