The Old York Tavern located at Niagara and Wellington is looking for a full- time cook.
We are open Wednesday- Sunday for dinner service and Saturday and Sunday for both brunch and dinner.
Our menu is composed of small seasonal plates as well as our Tavern Burger.
- Memorizing recipes, policies, procedures, and standard portion sizes
- Preparing ingredients and components of each recipe on the restaurant’s menu
- Maintaining freshness of product and rotating old product out
- Working with a team of Cooks to handle varying levels of activity
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe workspace at all times to avoid contamination
- Being aware of and following all kitchen health and safety regulations and guidelines
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour, based on experience
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON : reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Cooking: 2 years (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)